Sunday, March 28, 2010

Liquid Thread

I love reading blogs and one of my favorites is by Terry Grant at www.andsewitgoes.blogspot.com. A while back she explained how she uses a product called Liquid Thread instead of a fusible like Wonder Under...and of course, I had to try it. She waters it down using 1 part water to two parts Liquid Thread and I followed her instructions. However, I thought I should shake the bottle to mix it up and I think that may have been a mistake because I had to deal with a lot of air bubbles when I went to use it!
I also learned not to put too thick a line of glue down so I am practicing using a lighter touch. In any case, I created this little wall hanging using Liquid Thread and was very happy with the results. The Liquid Thread does a great job of sealing the fabric so that it doesn't fray and once it is glued, that fabric is not going anywhere! I have started using it to glue my labels onto the backs of my quilts and it works wonderfully for that. No more sewing labels on for me!

1 comment:

Terry Grant said...

Love it! I'm glad you found my instructions useful. I shake mine to mix it and just let it sit for a few minutes and the bubbles subside.