Sunday, April 4, 2010

Radiating Color

The word for the 12 connected group is color and the grand reveal took place on April 1. You can see the rest of them at www.12connected.blogspot.com. For my piece I chose to cut up a lot of different batiks with a serrated rotary cutter. Then I fused the batiks to my black background fabric and free motion quilted over them to hold them in place. I quilted the background fabric and bound the whole piece about a month ago.
It took me until just last week to finish needlepointing the circle using lots of different fibers. I cut away the excess canvas and sewed the circle to the quilt. Then I crocheted two of the needlepoint yarns together to form the edge around the needlepoint. I sewed this yarn on top of the canvas by machine. I really enjoy hand work so the needlepoint was fun to do when I had quiet moments in my day.

No comments: