Sunday, March 14, 2010

Endless Leaf making

My son, Jordan is getting married in December and he and Katie want me to make a wedding canopy with a tree on it. So I am making leaves....lots of leaves. I start out by fusing two batiks together with wonder under in between. Then I draw a leaf shape on the fabric and start free hand quilting the outline and the veins. I go around the outside twice to make the stitching more secure. When I have a sheet of leaves finished, I cut them out and soak them to get the marking lines out. They curl up a little as they dry which makes me happy because they look more natural that way. Hopefully you will see a finished tree by the end of summer.

3 comments:

Terry Grant said...

This looks great so far. I look forward to seeing the tree!

free indeed said...

Can't wait to see the finished product...I love trees...I should say I LOVE trees!

SewCalGal said...

What a great idea. This tree will be beautiful. Can't wait to see it when it is finished (and ok to share insights as you progress too!)

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com