Sunday, March 7, 2010

Gentner's Fritillaria

The Rogue Art Quilters have a challenge going with the subject being the Gentner Fritillaria, a wildflower that is only found in Southern Oregon. The town of Jacksonville calls it their signature flower. We are hanging a show in Jacksonville and the flower was the perfect choice for subject matter. We are all using the black and grey batik that is in the center of my flower.
I used a variegated thread for all those little filler stitches in the background of the flower....kind of fun despite being very time consuming.

I crocheted a fuzzy needlepoint yarn and appliqued it down for the centers of the flower. I love the fuzziness and the sparkle that I got from the yarn.

1 comment:

Bee said...

Your flower is beautiful! The color is so vibrant and the fuzzy centers add texture and sparkle. The quilting is very well done. I love the hand stitching with the color variations. I wish I could see your show in Jacksonville!