Sunday, August 31, 2008

More and more pears

This week the goal was to play with piecing. I started chapter four in the Art Quilt Workbook by piecing strips into a background fabric. My strips were cut 1-inch wide and it was interesting to see how they came together. I used one of my photographs and tried covering it with an orange colored net.
It is the first time that I have used the blue batik in this series so I decided to use it again in the next quilt.



This time I cut curves and pieced them together for the background. I used a pear that was printed onto paper which is why I got the nice white outline. I also wanted to try using a bark that I had purchased for an online class and never used. It is the green fibrous looking stuff. I fused it and the pear to the background using misty fuse. I love using a wavy rotary cutter around the edges instead of binding them - more artsy and very easy.






No comments: