Saturday, August 2, 2008

Pears

I have been extremely productive this week. I made this leaf for my friend Sherry who wanted a fabric piece to protect her hand painted wooden chimes from Bali. The leaf is similar to that painted on the chimes and the colors match. Best of all, I used Bali Batik fabrics for the project.


I am beginning an online workshop using Jane Davila's book. I have decided to use pears as my theme and stick to the colors that I found on some scrap booking papers. They were at a yard sale and the pears came with them so I decided that it was meant to be. This is my first in the series. I used some hand painted fabric, silk, scrap book papers and sheer ribbon. It was so much fun to just play with a manageable size. It is 9 x 12.
What I didn't tell you is that I finished a large black and white quilt for a contest and a challenge quilt that will hang at Middleford Yarn Store in November. I can't show you those photos until closer to that time...unless you want to see them in person....

No comments: