Monday, August 11, 2008

Branching out

I began "Branching out" after a walk up my favorite mountain. I had to fend off Rascal who thought that my wonderful sticks were for him. When I placed them on thick teal paper from Thailand, I loved the contrast but the color was a little too bright so I covered the paper with navy blue tulle. Quiltz is carrying gorgeous "Silk and Ivory" thread for needlepoint and I just had to play with a little of it.

I laid everything out on the brown fabric, took a photo and then took it all off so that I could do the quilting. Then I sewed the pieces on top. The red skeleton leaves came from Thailand too. I really like the yarn that travels underneath the leaves and needlework.




1 comment:

Nathalie G. said...

Where do you get all those super ideas ?
Nathalie