Saturday, February 13, 2010

Dunderhogan #8 - Attack of the Butterflies

In my art critique group we challenged ourselves to use a panel and create a quilt from it. We all started with batik panels that I had purchased in Bali over 10 years ago. My panel looked something like the picture on the right.
I wanted to do another Dunderhogan since I seem to be on a roll so I put Wonder Under behind the whole panel and cut out the butterflies and the leaves. I backed each piece with a second fabric so that they would be more sturdy when I sewed them to the quilt.
I wove the background again and stuffed the Dunderhogan a little once he was on the quilt top.
Then I sewed the leaves and butterflies down - only partially so that their wings flap. Ilan decided that I should call it attack of the butterflies and I think the Dunderhogan would agree.

Now I am trying to finish a quilt for an SAQA call for entries. I have 16 hours of quilting in it and the embellishment is about to begin. Sadly I can't post it for awhile. Check back later!
This week I also began an Etsy store where I have begun to post some of my patterns. I was surprised at how many I have! You can check them out at www.easy2sewpatterns.etsy.com.

No comments: