Sunday, February 7, 2010

12 connected : Sanctuary

I am in a new challenge group called 12 connected. Since my last name was the earliest in the alphabet, I got to pick the first theme for the group. My word was Sanctuary and the results from the group are wonderful. You can see them all at www.12connected.blogspot.com. Be sure to look at older posts because they aren't all visible on the first post.
I chose to use a photo that I took in Lithia Park while walking with my mother. We came across a fearless young deer (aren't they all fearless around here?) who let me take his photo.
I transfered it to fabric and created a collage around him using dyed cotton and silk. Then I quilted around him so that he would stand out against the background and I continued the lines of the branches behind him into my background.
All the quilts are supposed to be 11 x 17 which is not a size that I normally work in so that was the real challenge for me. Our next challenge word is "Color" and the challenges will be revealed at the beginning of April. Stay tuned.

No comments: