Sunday, November 15, 2009

My texture series

Okay, so I joined the SAQA Visioning Project and I decided that my goal is to work in a series this year. While I pondered the true nature of my series, I decided to return to the series that I began upon my return from Ohio. All of these pieces are done on 8 x 10 wrapped canvas pieces which I bought in advance. Six are on black canvas and 2 are on dark green canvas which I painted that way. They all have at least one object from nature and they use the same color families....and lots of texture. I have used papers, fibers, soy silk, chiffon, velvet, mesh...the list goes on and on. I did some gluing and as much stitching as possible. The stitching was difficult since the canvas is wrapped on wood and the wood got in the way of the needle.






I found this piece of sea weed at the coast.










I used silk coccoons

and bark that was dyed green.







































Love the sparkly yarn in these two.




Seed pods and wood that I found on a walk in the woods.













Purple cheese cloth that I dyed myself.




















I posted these two a while ago when I began the series. They were the inspiration for the rest of them. ...and I still have four more to do.
Maybe next week....

No comments: