Monday, November 9, 2009

Lots of Gingkos

I designed this quilt a few years ago using silk pieces from a grab bag and fusing them. Yesterday I was inspired to finish it and quilting gingko leaves seemed to be the thing to do. I used variegated metallic thread and a technique for binding that I learned from Carol Taylor. I am very happy with the results.
I also finished this gingko sampler that I have been working on for Quiltz. If you click on the pictures you should be able to see more detail. Every square uses a different "art Quilt" technique - lots of fun new materials to play with. I printed the names of the techniques onto TAP - a transfer paper that is new on the market...but first I had to figure out how to mirror image the words in photo shop. TA DA! I am getting better at this computer stuff.
The hearts that I showed in earlier posts use the same techniques and materials. I plan to make those blocks into a book.
In the meantime, I have committed to the SAQA Visioning project and my goal is to work in a series this year. It inspired me to return to the collage series that I began when I returned from Ohio....a sort of warm up before I do larger quilts. I will post a few collages next time.

No comments: