Sunday, November 1, 2009

Fast, Skinny and what I have been up to

I have returned at long last to the word of the week and the word for last week was fast. I had marbled this fabric years ago and it just looked like fast moving air or water to me.
Skinny gave me the opportunity to couch yarn and to free hand quilt with metallic thread. Neither of these pieces had me really excited.
My art critique group did an exercise where we began with our own design using values in black, grey and white. Then we did the same layout using colored fabric of the same values. Those are the pink and teal pieces. The purple piece used the same values in the same layout but I placed the values in different positions. The last piece is going to be using the same layout and values to create an out-of-balance piece. It will be a challenge because I definitely like balance in my work.
I just completed a Queen size quilt top in earth tones and as soon as it is quilted, I will post a picture. Stay tuned!

No comments: