Sunday, November 22, 2009

Irises

Almost three years ago I took a workshop with Phil Beaver and we painted on fabric. These Irises came from that painted fabric. As usual I went home and painted a lot more fabric and haven't gotten around to doing anything with it yet....but the Irises have been haunting me. The quilt top was finished and the pieces were all tacked down with glue which was what had me really scared. What would happen when I started quilting?

I finally bit the bullet...mostly because I was procrastinating about beginning a new series and I quilted the piece last week. Amazingly everything stayed pretty much in place and the glue washed out when I needed to reposition a few leaves.

I used 30 weight thread in some places and I love the way it came out. If you click on the photo, you can see the quilting better. What a relief to have this one finished at last.

No comments: