Saturday, April 17, 2010

The Fritilleria Challenge

The most recent challenge for the Rogue Art Quilters was to create quilts celebrating Jacksonville, Oregon's signature flower...the Gentner Fritillaria. We all began with the same fabric and went in any direction we wanted to. They are being displayed in a local restaurant in Jacksonville.





I already posted mine earlier on this blog.






This one was created by Jill Lee-Jones and I have been told that she has already sold it to someone who saw it at the show. Congratulations, Jill!


















Kathy Lang created this piece.


















This is by Suzanne McBride.















This quilt is by Kathy Robbins.



















Here is Elaine Turcke's quilt.


















And Carolyn Wolf's quilt...our wonderful show coordinator.













Since I was out of town, I haven't seen the quilts in person yet so I can't give you detailed descriptions but we are getting wonderful comments from people.

1 comment:

Bee said...

It is very interesting to see how the same theme and fabric can be interpreted in such different ways! These are great quilts! I'd love to see them in person.