Sunday, June 1, 2008

Blessings for Jayne

I have been working on lots of quilts this week but I don't have anything ready to share so I thought that I would share a gift that I have created. My friend Jayne is going to have a second surgery tomorrow and I thought that it would be nice to give her blessings for healing. I spread the word to her family and friends via the internet and they sent back blessings which I transfered onto fabric.

I fused two different batiks together with Steam-a-Seam and then fused the blessing on top. I put a gromet in the middle of one side of each piece and strung ribbon through the hole.

The ribbon was wrapped around the rolled fabric to create blessing scrolls.








You can see the blessings before being rolled and how they look as scrolls afterwards. I put them all in a pretty ceramic bowl and my art group will present them to Jayne this evening.
It was a fun project to create and I love the way they came out. The perfect gift for anyone in need of cheering up or to celebrate an occasion.

No comments: