Sunday, May 25, 2008

all that glitters...

I have begun a class online and this week we looked at textures. We had an assignment to take one color family and create a quick collage focusing on texture. I didn't quite follow all of the instructions and I went for a collaged quilt which took me more than the assigned 30 minutes but I had fun! I began by fusing a lot of different gold fabrics on top of each other and the background. Then I quilted the whole thing before adding the textured fabrics on top. Some of it has been collected over the last 5 years from garage sales. Some of it is upholstry samples that were gifted to me.... and some were pieces that I just couldn't part with.


Blue Lagoon was created in less than 3o minutes using glue and some stitching to hold down the feathers. It was fun to create quickly and intuitively.


No comments: