Sunday, May 4, 2008

Springtime and Starburst

I played with foil this week and created Starburst in the process. I used fusible thread in my sewing machine and foiled over it to get the straight lines. I used a foil glue on a rubber stamp to get the swirls and Bonash Bonding Agent 007 to get the sparkles in the background. It was so much fun to experiment with.

The outside border is a pre-printed irredescent fabric that I have had in my stash for a long time...just waiting for the perfect occasion.


I also finished this small piece which I had started last summer. It uses hand dyed fabrics and threads from Laura Wasilowski. I love the bright colors that she gets and the thread was fun to use although it wasn't easy to sew through the fusible web that I had behind the pieces.








I will be posting the Ka-ching challenge this week. Just waiting for two more quilts. Most of them can be seen at US Bank in Ashland. Definitely worth a visit.

No comments: