Sunday, April 6, 2008

On Golden Pond

Last week I noticed some of my soy silk fabric overlapping other fabric on my work table and it looked like a pond to me. I decided to quilt the soy silk to a blue background and then it needed something else. I had made the yo-yo flowers for a different project and they never got used so they became the perfect addition for this one....but it still needed something.
So, I beaded the centers of the flowers and added a wandering line of beads for interest.
Then I got very busy with a trip to Roseburg where I gave a lecture at a quilt guild meeting followed by a wonderful two day seminar here in Ashland with Linda Schmidt. I was very happy that I finished this piece earlier in the week so that I could meet my Sunday deadline.



1 comment:

Shayna said...

This one sort of looks like a woman's face, turning to look over her shoulder, with some flowers in her hair. Maybe I've just gotten too used to face-quilts. :P