Sunday, April 20, 2008

Gingko #3

Gingko #3 was begun in September after I spent the summer hand painting fabric in the garage. I experimented with both cotton and silk. I love the feel of the silk so I did random free motion quilting on this blue piece and then let it sit for months. My newest copy of Quilting Arts Magazine talked about covering a piece with chiffon to mute the colors. I didn't want to lose the quilting design so I covered mine with tulle and sprinkled metallic threads underneath. Then I fused the gingkos on top of the tulle and quilted some more. Since my Gingko series calls for a stripe, I found a muted stripe in my stash that seemed perfect for the binding.





Flower Power is probably the quickest quilt that I have ever made. I think it took me 7 hours from start to finish and that included piecing the back!
It puts a smile on my face.

No comments: