Monday, February 4, 2008

Three Feathers


Three feathers was a quick and easy piece created in a few hours on Saturday night! I was beginning to panic since I have been working on a large art quilt all week and needed to finish a small piece by Sunday. After reading an article in Quilting Arts Magazine, I decided to try my hand at fiber collage. I quilted the top to some batting and pillow cased the whole thing before adding the yarns, fabric and feathers. The reddish square in the lower left hand corner is some fabric paper that I made by painting watered down glue to some muslin and then applying layers of tissue paper on top. There are about 3 layers of glue and tissue paper followed up by some watered down gel medium. It is very stiff and was fun to create but I like a softer feel to my fabric. Marni contributed the feather with the red in it and it was just what I needed.

1 comment:

jams said...

Hey Karen,
Don't know if it published my other comment because I didn't have a Google account. This is way cool though, and I wanted you to know I came and saw it. Good for you to commit time for yourself. I LOVE Ancient Voices and Firth Within. They really speak to me. Awesome and inspiring. Thanks.