Saturday, February 2, 2008

Here I go!




I have been thinking about creating a blog for a while now and I am ready to take the leap. I want to share my latest creations and the exciting things that are happening in my life.

My New Year's resolutions were to spend at least 2 hours in my studio or doing art every day.

The goal is to finish a small quilt every week and the deadline is Sunday by midnight. Since it is the beginning of February and I have finished 5 quilts, I think it is time to share.


Above is the first quilt completed in January. I quilted it heavily after fusing the pieces. I also tried gluing beads on which entailed baking my quilt when it was completed! Good thing that it fit in the oven. I call it Ancient Voices.










2 comments:

Shawna Huggins said...

Hi Karen, it is so fun to be able to log on and see your beautiful work. I love the variety of the works and the color choices. Well done. The Necco is FUN and I love the emotions quilt. It is all very inspiring. Thank you for sharing. Shawna

sashiko said...

Great blog karen, everything looks so good and the challenge quilts are great tool.
Lynne