Monday, January 4, 2010

2010 plans and blessings

Maybe I should start the new year with prayers and blessings. I finished this tallis (prayer shawl) and shipped it off to New York so that Jordan (whoever he may be) can use it for his Bar Mitzvah. In a way, it was the perfect project to end a wonderful year of creativity. I haven't spent time looking back over my blog but I know that I created a lot of work and didn't miss too many Sundays of postings...and I do feel so blessed to have the opportunity to create my art.
My word for the new year is Focus. When I put up my show at Grilla Bites, I realized that I do a lot of different things - always trying the newest products and techniques which is great for teaching but not necessarily great for coming up with a body of work that is identifiable as mine.
So I have been examining the things that I real like ....lots of free machine quilting, lots of texture whether with yarn, beads, soy silk or fabric. ....and I love using batiks and hand dyed fabrics.
Now to the goals for the year: to do two series - continue with the Dunderhogans and create a more deep and meaningful series. Continue to do work for challenges and call for entries and aim to get another piece in a SAQA show this year. So where is the Focus? I guess I will need to pass on a few minor challenges and focus on the big stuff.
Don't worry....I will continue to post weekly but maybe I will post works in progress instead of finished pieces. In any case, the postings keep me on my path and I appreciate that you are out there reading them....I would love to hear from you too. Any suggestions? What are your goals for the new year?

2 comments:

Mary Ruzich said...

One of my goals is to connect more with other bloggers, and since Christine Smith shared your site with me last year, I have added you to my list! There is such a wealth out there and you are one of them.

karenworks said...

Thank you for your comment Mary. I love hearing from people!