Sunday, March 23, 2008

Gingko 2 and Betty Crocker

I had a great time playing with old photographs this week. Here is my Mother with her first Thanksgiving turkey. Doesn't she look like Betty Crocker? I mounted the photo on some wool felt and needle felted the flowers and vines. It was quick and fun.

Gingko #2 was actually begun before number 1 but they didn't finish that way. Again I used hand dyed fabrics and a striped fabric and the quilts are about the same size - 16 x 20?

As you can tell, I love working with bright colors and fusing pieces for art quilts is the way to go.



I can design the quilt quickly and then play with my machine quilting skills.
On a totally different subject, I got to see Barack Obama in person yesterday in Medford and I am still reverberating from his visit. He is a man of such intelligence, humor and compassion. He truly believes that we can all make a difference which is the only way that change is going to happen. I am a supporter.


1 comment:

Ed The Sports Fan said...

glad to see you enjoyed Obama, have a Happy Easter!

-Ed.