Sunday, May 30, 2010

Tidal Force

I created this quilt for the SAQA show called Creative Force. What is more creative than Mother Nature at work? I used two photographs that I took while on the Oregon coast as my guide. The quilt did not get into the show but only 50 quilts were chosen from more than 350 so I don't feel too bad.
I did a lot of intense quilting on beautiful hand dyed fabric. I used Angelina fiber to get the splash of the waves and added seed beads by hand.
Here you can see the Angelina better.
It took me 12 solid hours to quilt the whole thing but I listened to some good books on CD in the process and I truly enjoyed watching the quilt unfold before me.

1 comment:

Bee said...

This is gorgeous! I love your use of Angelina and your quilting is exquisite! The competition must be fierce! I can't imagine how hard the job of choosing must have been for the judges if they were all this beautiful!