Sunday, September 20, 2009

work in progress

My critique group did an exercise where we looked at a masterpiece and reduced it down to darks, mediums and lights and put those shapes into fabric.
Do you recognize this piece? It was a great learning process for me to see how the artist made the different values flow across his painting.

I am working on squares that will be turned into a fiber book or an art quilt eventually. There will be 16 hearts for one piece and 16 gingkos for another. Each block involves a different product or technique and I will be teaching all of these block in a class next year. The top left hearts are made from Angelina fibers, top right are felted.
On the bottom I did beading on the left and fiber paper on the right. I am still working on the others...more next week!
I just learned Kumihimo which is a process for making braids. It is very addictive and I think that I am in big trouble now.

No comments: