Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Batik Scarf

First I have to apologize. I have been so busy the last few days that it only hit me Monday morning as I was running out the door that I had forgotten to post! This has been a crazy week. I was notified that "Slick" was accepted to the SAQA Transformations Show and I am thrilled beyond belief. The funny thing is that I made that quilt for me - because I wanted to try new techniques - not because I was hoping to get it into a show. So I have learned a huge lesson - I need to create for myself rather than for others....
My mother saw a scarf at our fabulous local yarn store, Websters and she wanted me to see it. The original is made from silk but I tried it with batiks. After a few mishaps, I finally figured out an easy way to create it using Solvy and I love the outcome. I will be teaching a class on it at Quiltz next year.
I have also been making a Lone Star quilt as a commission and after sewing diamonds together for about 4 hours, I discovered that I cut them at the wrong angle and I have a 6 pointed star instead of an 8 pointed star. Quite the surprise! Back to the cutting mat...
I will post more next Sunday. I promise.

No comments: